Fancy an adventure holiday in South Africa? You’ve come to the right place! Mtentu offers you the adventure of a lifetime along one of the most pristine and isolated parts of the Wild Coast.
Cost: R3200 per person for 2 nights and 3 days
* Price includes all accommodation, food, guides and transfers from the Wild Coast Casino and Mtentu.
Day 1: Guided hike and horse ride to Mtentu Lodge, +- 14kms hike and 10kms horse ride
7:30am: Meet guide at The Wild Coast Sun Casino for brief and introduction.
8:00am: Begin hike along the beautiful beach in front of the casino towards the Mzamba River. Explore the Mzamba fossil beds. Hike along untouched virgin beaches and through isolated communities.
12:00pm: Cross the beautiful Nyameni River where you can stop and relax. Have a swim in the river and enjoy lunch on the banks of the estuary.
13:00 pm: Meet horse riding guide and get a brief lesson on basic horse riding skills. Marvel at the unique beauty of The Amadiba Area as you make your way to Mtentu.
15:00pm: Explore the beautiful and naturally occurring Red Desert.
16:00pm: Arrive at Mtentu Lodge for a hearty dinner and a little bit of relaxation time.
Day 2: Swallowtail Falls canoe and hike +- 6km paddle and 2km bouldering /climbing hike
- Canoe trip up the magnificent Mtentu Estuary, spotting turtles, kingfish, baboons, fish eagles and vultures.
- Paddle underneath Leopard's Falls and gaze at the 2nd waterfall, spectacularly falling into nowhere.
- Experience the spiritual magic of centre rock and its surroundings.
- Begin the epic trip hiking up in forest-enclosed crystal clear tributary, climbing up rocks, swimming through pools and making your way up the side of small waterfalls.
- Experience and feel Mother Nature’s beauty all around you.
- Let Swallowtail Falls show you why it is our best kept secret.
13:00pm: Lunch under Swallowtail Falls.
16:00pm: Return from hike.
17:00pm: Sun set drinks at our special spot.
Day 3: Mkambati and Strandlooper waterfall hike, +- 7km
Spend a day swimming in crystal clear pools. As close to paradise as one can get.
9:30am: Depart for hike.
12:00pm: Lunch in Baboon Cave overlooking Strandlooper Waterfall.
- Mosquito Beach and reef
- Mkambati Reserve and game
- We Ol Mi 303 shipwreck
- Mkambati Waterfall
- Strandlooper Waterfall and Baboon Cave
13:00pm: Arrive back at the lodge for some well deserved lunch.
14:00pm: Our 4x4 transfer will take you back to the Casino.
16:00pm: Casino arrival.
3 Day Amadiba Explorer highlights
- Explore ancient Mzamba fossil beds.
- Let the guides share their local knowledge while you hike, horse ride and marvel at the unique beauty of the Amadiba area on the way to Mtentu.
- Stay in the rustic paradise of Mtentu and immerse yourself in the magical nature surrounding you.
- Canoe up the spectacular Mtentu River, spotting turtles and fish eagles.
- Hike in a river, swim through crystal pools, climb up small cascading falls on your way to South Africa’s best kept secret…..Swallow Tail Falls.
- Walk through big herds of Eland and Zebra as you make your way to Mkambati Falls and experience the paradise of one of the only waterfalls to fall directly into the sea.
- Hold your breath as you leap out of Baboon Cave, peer over Leopard's Falls, climb up and jump off Fools Point and relax in paradise pool at the end of it all.
- Sit round the fire, drinking ice cold drinks and eating delicious meals while reminiscing about the day’s adventures.
Please note: All estimated hike distances are round trip figures.
All activities are flexible and can be tailored to any group's specific needs.